Friday, May 13, 2011

Pursuing My Dreams

Pursuing my dream of writing is rewarding and painful all at the same time.  I know God put me on this earth to write and I know in my heart it is my true passion but part of it is painful because you must rely on others to read it.

I've been happy writing for myself.  It was a different kind of joy but a joy nonetheless.

Now I must endure the sting of knowing that I am just one in the sea of millions hoping to have their words read. I put my heart in all I do and pray that one day my words will find their home.  Its a yearning that indescribable, an insatiable need that cannot be fulfilled unless it is unleashed.

My journey has been enlightening.  Sometimes I wonder if I should give up.  It can feel overwhelming.  All I know is God gave me this itching in my belly and when I write it is scratched.

No comments:

Post a Comment