Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tony Todd: Charlie Sheen's best friend

I had another milestone this week with Tony Todd (Charlie Sheen's best friend) emailing me to tell me I had the wrong picture on my article. I still don't know for sure if it was really him but it seems to all add up. 

#1 who else would be concerned about the wrong picture being published?
#2 his email name was Tony T
#3 he called me from a 310 area code which is an L.A. area code
#4 when he sent me his cell#, he didn't answer but called me back.  I'm from L.A. and I just know in my gutt that it was most likely him. 

I was supposed to interview him for my first National article but he called me when I was at work and one of my coworkers came into my office and shook her head like I should know not to be on my cell phone at work so this is my job and I don't want to lose it.  Had to ask him if I could call him at 6 pm and he said he would be going to the game but I had no choice. 

I called him at 6 pm and sure enough he was on his way to the game.  He was slightly distracted and said he would call me around 10:30 pm. (he jokingly said 2 am at first)  I told him 'worst-case-scenario' we would talk the next day in the morning.  I should've known better and haven't heard from him.  I tried calling twice around lunchtime and no answer. 

It would've been nice for my first National article to be about him.  I want to be at the top of my field and that interview would've shown that I'm all about the business of getting the best articles out there but it never came to fruition.  (atleast not yet, I still have faith in people no matter what and he may come through after all, BUT....not yet)

He sent some pictures for me to use in my article:



Thanks for the pics, Tony!  I think you're pretty cool for sending them.  Made my day.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I wanna meet tony. Really. I wanna meet tony!

    mike visitorssection@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if he would respond to an email. I haven't been in touch with him for a long time.

      Delete
  2. That interview actually happened and it was one of the most popular articles I ever wrote for Examiner.com. I've never come back to this post until today and now I realize, I have to find the article and publish it on my blog. Examiner.com no longer exists but 'yes' it was Tony Todd and he was one of the nicest most down-to-earth guys I've ever met. A real class act is all I can ever say about him.

    ReplyDelete