Thursday, December 4, 2014

As the window closes and the days go by, I realize I am a culmination of so many experiences that have molded who I am today. I've taken a journey hoping to head in a new direction only to discover I've made no headway. Do I give up and succumb to the reality that God didn't answer my prayers, I will not fulfill my greatest potential in this moment and should I fight for what I feel is rightfully mine? The person corporate businesses have molded me to be will tell me to allow the process to happen, wait patiently and maybe someone will acknowledge you, while the innate fighter in me says to follow my gut and do something to guarantee your place in this new direction. Risk something to gain all of what you were looking for. I hesitate because so much depends on this move I am making right now to fulfill the destiny I am hoping to carve out for myself. I'm following something that has sparked a fire in my spirit that I haven't felt for a very long time. What should I do?

I'm not talking about love or even a relationship. I'm talking about my next career move. Isn't that crazy? I just can't seem to stop thinking about how I've been impacted by the possibility of working for a company whose business model follows the beat of my heart. I think its weird, too. I haven't felt like this since I was in my twenties and haven't thought about something so often and with such longing since I was a teenager in love.

It's hard to believe how much my heart wants this one thing it seemingly cannot have.

I had this happen to me once and I did something so out of the box that it worked. I feel I should take that leap of faith, speak up or forever hold my peace.

I laugh because I am still so afraid to know the truth of what lies ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment