Monday, April 11, 2011

Setting Goals

Life has a way of chewing you up and spitting you out.  There are no exceptions to the rule when it comes to having a happy life.  One thing I know for sure is you have to learn to set goals.  I know, you've heard all of this before but it's true, it works, and I am living proof that if you want something you are going to have to go after it.

You have to be willing to fight for what you want.  I've learned from experience that you can wish upon a star and hope your life changes or you can take action and change it. 

Learning to find the 'fight' inside yourself can be challenging when you have so many of life's aggravations keeping your mind preoccupied.  It's taken me a long time to understand that if you want something more in life you will have to seek it out.

Anything worth having is worth working for.  The 'fight' is for your quality of life.  The quality of life you seek is one with peace of mind.  Peace of mind is found when you find fulfillment in your life.  A life worth living.

One thing the human spirit will always yearn for and that's peace of mind.  It's the ultimate goal of the human condition.

The sense that your life is within your control  and is not just some condition you are subjected to is what 'Celebrate Living Everyday' is all about.  Your life is within your control and setting goals is your first order of operations. 

Goals can be anything from 'I want to make breakfast for my family this Saturday morning' to 'I want to become the most successful blogger that has ever lived on the planet'.  Setting goals is the first stop on the road to living the life you've always wanted. 

I'm not talking about money or status.  I'm talking about being who you were always meant to be in your spirit.  To live your passion and understand that it's not always about how much money some goal has brought you but how fulfilled you are from accomplishing those goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment