Monday, April 11, 2011

Why I Write

Welcome to 'Celebrate Living Everyday'.  I am excited about writing my very own blog.  I look forward to sharing stories that are inspirational, educational, and entertaining.  Think of me as your 'virtual best friend'.  I want to share what I've learned and experienced in life and hopefully help you enhance your experience in it. I love to learn and knowledge is power.  Let's become powerful together.

I have decided to write my own blog because I love freedom of expression.  It's one of the many privileges of being an American citizen and I love taking full advantage of it.  I speak my mind and speak it often, with syle and grace, of course.  I have so much I want to share.  I don't know where to begin. 

Let me start at the beginning.  I began writing at twelve, when my mom surprised me with my very first journal on my birthday.  It had a key, and at that time, I felt it was a key to unlocking all my inner thoughts and placing them somewhere so that my words could become immortalized.  Honestly, that's exactly what I thought.  Seems funny now that I'm all grown up but it had its validity.  I believe writing is one more way the human species tries to remain, even after their physical bodies are no longer. 

Movies, music, and becoming a celebrity is ultimately one way of following in the path of the Ancient Egyptians in ensuring immortality.  Writing is and always will be my 'first love'.  I have loved it since I realized I could express myself freely in that journal my mother gave so many years before.  I've found comfort in knowing I could share and not share what's going on with me through me writing.  I've been in love ever since. 

I hope I am able to be honest and forthcoming whenever I write.  That is why I write.  I want to be an open book, a transparent vehicle of information for those who just want it.

I love it when I can talk to people and they tell me their stories of who they are, where they've been, and what life has been like for them.  I hope to do that here.  I share, you share, we all can share together.

No comments:

Post a Comment