Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Learning How To Fish

LEARNING 'HOW TO FISH'......

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day...teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

-------  proverb  

Every man on this earth has to survive this game we call life.  What we don't have is a user's manual.  What every young adult needs is a tool to teach them how to navigate in the world.  What I've gathered are all the life lessons I've lived and learned and some my good old mother taught me.  I've compiled the things I would want my kids to know if I were no longer here to teach it to them.  In Learning 'How To Fish' I hope to pass on the wonderful wisdom and lessons I've learned along the way and help impart wisdom to the next generation.

What I want to accomplish by writing this book is to inspires those who read it to pass the wisdom forward.  As we grow older and we begin to realize, that life is a journey of many lessons, we begin to understand that those who learn them efficiently get to advance first.  Those who don't learn their lessons soon enough are usually left behind.  In the 'survival of the fittest' mentality, it's imperative that we teach our children some of the wise old sayings our parents and grandparents taught us.  We owe it to them to prepare them to live in a world that is full of cruelties and arm them with the ammunition they will need to succeed.

Learning 'How To Fish' is a life lesson book.  It documents what has already been taught over the centuries just modernized for he new millennial audience.  It hopes to engage a new audience with the wise old adages grandma taught us.  Learning 'How To Fish' can be a tool used for many families, schools and even churches. Its especially written for parents who have teens who just don't want to hear what is coming out our mouths. Its what can bridge the gap between parent and child and begin the discussion or a book you can gift to your young adult children so at least you can know the information is at hand.

This book is dedicated to my now adult children who suddenly don't want to hear a word I have to say.  This is especially for you, Kennedy and Khamron. You may think you don't need me but I promise you you will.  So....just in case you wait too long to realize and I croak, I thought it nice to leave you a piece of me as a parting gift.

LOL (they hate when I talk like that)

Always being a mother, right.  I will teach you by any means necessary even if its from beyond the grave.  Muhahaha.

Love you with all my heart.
Mom







It is a proverb:

"Give a man a fish and he won't starve for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he won't starve for his entire life."

Regrettably, the origin of this quote is unknown, although it is generally cited as being Chinese. Over the years, the quote has been misattributed to Confucius, Lao Tzu, Laozi, and Guan Zhong.

Answer:


This is a Chinese Proverb. "If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime." It is better to teach someone how to do something than to do it for them. Giving someone a fish is good for the short term, but it is better to teach them how to do it so that in the long term they can take care of themselves. For example, a mother could cook for her children, but if she never teaches them to cook, they will always be dependent on her for meals. If she teaches them how to cook they will be able to take care of themselves in the long term.





No comments:

Post a Comment