Thursday, November 13, 2014

So many beautiful things have happened in my life since I last wrote. I've moved on from a job that gave me great anxiety everyday, learned that peace of mind is priceless and writing is and always will be my greatest passion.  My blog is a place I can come to and document the parts of my life I want to share with myself. I enjoy each day realizing I am no longer at a job I hate. I've come to realize it was very toxic to be somewhere where growth was never going to be possible for me. Although they didn't appear, on the surface, to be working against me the atmosphere created there was nothing but counterproductive to becoming better at what I do best. Unfortunately, some companies are unable to realize their greatest assets are the very people they feel have the least to offer.

I enjoyed recently working for the Nevada State Democratic party as a political canvasser. It was one of the best experiences I had as an employee.  I look forward to working with them in the future. Hopefully we can elect the right people who have enough wherewithal to do what is right in Congress.

My daughter Kennedy Alexis-Nichelle is in her second year at UNLV and I'm so very proud of her commitment to her education. I admire her for being so dedicated to her future. I look forward to seeing where my son Khamron Kahan will be going next year. He is in his senior year at Southeast Career and Technical Academy in Henderson and I couldn't be prouder of him. He is in AP Physics and is a finalist as a candidate for the possibility to get a four year scholarship to one of the Ivy League colleges. His first choice is USC and I so want for him to have that opportunity. As a mother I fear he may be disappointed but I pray he has done what is necessary to be a great candidate for acceptance. We will see. I try to keep him grounded no matter what. I guess as a mother I want him to have whatever his heart desires but the world always reminds me that no matter how good you are that doesn't guarantee anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment